doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil has multiple benefits and uses. It’s a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function.* When diffused, lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to help improve mood.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses
This is a summary of how Lemon Essential Oil is used:
- Lemon cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and may help to improve mood
- It naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
- It supports healthy respiratory function
- It may help with seasonal respiratory discomfort
- Diffuse Lemon to promote a positive mood
- Take Lemon internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort
- Add Lemon essential oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon essential oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments
- Lemon essential oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals
- Put a few drops of Lemon on a rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces
- Wash hands with Lemon essential oil to remove grease after changing the oil in the car
- Add Lemon to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes.
- It promotes healthy functioning of the GI tract.
- Use Lemon essential oil in an oral rinse to soothe the mouth and throat.
Oral Use as Dietary Supplements:
Lemon oil is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for humans by the FDA (21CFR182.20). Not for children under 6 years old: use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6 years old and over.
Why Choose doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
Because the composition of the plant will vary greatly based on the location, climate, and environment; where the oil is sourced is essential. When you select doTERRA Lemon oil, you are using an essential oil that is gently and carefully distilled from plants that have been patiently harvested at the perfect moment by experienced growers from around the world. This ensures the oil’s ideal extract composition and efficacy. This makes doTERRA Lemon essential oil the best oil available today.
After performing a series of tests, doTERRA discovered that where the plant is grown is a primary factor in determining the therapeutic quality of the essential oil. It is this approach that makes doTERRA stand out. doTERRA has carefully selected farmers who have mastered their craft in areas where plants have been traditionally grown for many years. This co-impact sourcing approach empowers growers, families and communities in impoverished nations – a real win-win strategy.
Additionally, each doTERRA essential oil is also carefully and thoroughly tested using the strict CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol. This is recognized as the superior quality standard for naturally safe, purely effective therapeutic-grade doTERRA essential oils.
Lemon Essential Oil Properties:
Lemon Essential Oil has a sweet, sharp, clear, and citrusy aroma. It is cold pressed from rind and requires 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil.
Lemon oil properties include: Anticancer, Antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, invigorating, refreshing and tonic.
Top Seven Ailments:
doTERRA Lemon essential oil is used for these top seven ailments:
- Cleansing and purification.
- Oral health and remedy for halitosis (bad breath)
- Thirst quencher
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain.
- Cough relief.
- Calms stomach and relieves nausea.
Suggested Common Uses
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort*
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals
- Diffuse to create an uplifting environment
Common Primary Uses:
Air Pollution, Anxiety, Atherosclerosis, Bites/Stings, Blood Pressure (Regulation), Brain Injury, Cold Sores, Common Cold, Concentration, Constipation, Depression, Stomach Digestion, Disinfectant, Dry Throat, Dysentery, Energizing, Exhaustion, Fever, Flu (Influenza), Furniture Polish, Gout, Greasy/Oily Hair, Grief/Sorrow, Gum/Grease Removal, Hangovers, Heartburn, Intestinal Parasites, Kidney Stones, Lymphatic Cleansing, MRSA, Overeating, Pancreatitis, Physical Energy, Postpartum Depression, Purification, Relaxation, Skin (Tones), Stress, Throat Infection, Tonsillitis, Uplifting, Varicose Veins, Water purification.
Other Possible Uses:
This oil may be beneficial for aging, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, clarity of thought, debility, digestive problems, energy, gallstones, hair (cleansing), promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, memory improvement, nail strengthening and hardening, nerves, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, cleaning children’s skin, sore throats, and promoting a sense of well being. It may also brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells. It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots.
Lemon oil blends with eucalyptus, fennel, frankincense, geranium, peppermint, sandlewood and ylang ylang.
Directions for Using doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use up to four drops in your diffuser.
Internal use: Use one drop in 4 fl. oz. of water. You can place 1 or 2 drops under your tongue, or add it to your beverage or take in a capsule. Lemon essential oil can also be used as flavoring in cooking.
Topical use: Apply up to two drops to the desired skin area. You can dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil which is known to minimize skin sensitivity.
Avoid direct sunlight or UV light for up to 12 hours after using on the skin.
Lemon has been used to fight food poisoning, malaria and typhoid epidemics, and scurvy. (In fact, sources say that Christopher Columbus carried lemon seeds to America – probably just the leftovers from the fruit that was eaten during the trip.) Lemon has also been used to lower blood pressure and to help with liver problems, arthritis, and muscular aches and pain.
** Concerning doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil, these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Additionally, this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information is provided based upon research and for educational purposes. Always consult your physician if you are experiencing any health related issues.