doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil
doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil (Origanum vulgare) can be used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent even though it is known as a popular cooking spice. It also acts as a powerful cleansing agent and provides powerful antioxidants* thus extending its uses far beyond the kitchen.
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional health practices. It is well known for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties. The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess cleansing and antioxidant properties.
Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function.
Oregano can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further support the immune system. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion. Oregano acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends and can help support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.
doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil Uses
- Take one drop daily to maintain healthy immune function
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Diffuse using 3 to 4 drops as directed.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 1 tsp. of honey or 4 oz. of beverage. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to affected area.
doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil Benefits
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function*
- Offers powerful antioxidants*
Top Five Ailments:
- Respiratory Conditions
The doTERRA Oregano essential oil 15 ml has an herbaceous aroma and blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Fennel, Geranium, Lemongrass, Thyme and Rosemary.
Oregano strengthens one’s feeling of security.
Oregano Essential Oil Properties:
Antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antiseptic to the respiratory system, antiviral, and immune stimulant.
Oregano Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Put two to three drops of Oregano in a doTERRA Veggie Capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system
- Oregano supports healthy digestion
- It supports healthy respiratory function
- It may help to support a healthy immune system
- This essential oil can be used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Oregano reduces the appearance of blemishes when applied to the skin
- It promotes a clean and healthy mouth when used topically
- It supports healthy liver function
- It supports the health of the cardiovascular system
- Add 10 drops to a spray bottle full of water for a last-minute counter spray
- Add one drop of Oregano essential oil in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to a favorite Italian dish
- Dilute Oregano with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil or add to a moisturizer and apply it to the skin
- Oregano may help to promote a positive mood
- It can calm the nervous system
- It may be relaxing to the musculoskeletal system
- Along with better dietary and exercise patterns, Oregano can contribute to better overall health and wellness
- It provides a powerful antioxidant support
- Add a few drops of Oregano to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil as part of a soothing massage.
Common Primary Uses:
Athlete’s Foot, Calluses, Candida, Canker Sores, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ebola Virus, Fungal Infections, Immune System(stimulates), Inflammation, Intestinal Parasites, MRSA, Muscle Aches, Nasal Polyps, Parasites, Plague, Pneumonia, Ringworm, Staph Infection, Vaginal Candida, Viral Infections, Warming (body), Warts, Whooping Cough.
Other Possible Uses:
This oil may help colds, digestive problems, metabolic balance, obesity, viral and bacterial pneumonia, and strengthen vital centers.
** The doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil product is a wellness product and currently has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please contact your doctor if you have any medical concerns.